Welcome to bike-a-thon 2017
TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE FOLLOWED :
1. The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format. Anyone considered to be competing against others, will be stopped from riding and banned from entering future events.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event. This includes the entertainment area, signing-in areas and during the ride itself. Events organizers do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
3. Each participant, upon entrance to the venue, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
4. under 14′s have to be with an adult over the age of 18. No child under the age of 5 years old will be permitted onto the track. Under 14’s need to be accompanied at all times by an adult who is responsible for them.
5. All riders are NOT covered by insurance for the duration of the event. All participants take part at their own risk, including personal items (such as cycles or skates) for which they are solely responsible for. In addition, the event and its organizers are covered by insurance.
6. It is recommended that all riders wear a safety approved helmet complying with latest ISI standards. The rider must accept that they take part at their own risk, with this as a condition of entry. The organizers reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing. The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness. In particular, the ability to complete longest distance, and over rough terrain.
7. The participant confirms that the cycle/bike they are riding for the event and all of their equipment is of a suitable standard and state of trail/road worthiness. In particular, the ability to complete longest distance, and over rough terrain dependent on the event.
8. During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the track. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is ride able and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
9. A marked route is shown for as a set route only and events organizers insist that you use the route shown. Marshals will be stationed around the course, observing actions of event attendees, their word is final and all participants of the event accept their word is final as a condition of entry.
10. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow RIDER and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All RIDER must adhere to and obey the Highway code, always being observant of others actions as well as their own. Marshal’s can, at any time, give notice of the end of the event; even prior to arranged finishing times.
11. The events organisers reserve the right to shorten, alter or close the published route at anytime without notice. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or closed.
12.Riders must be considerate to other users. Upon seeing other users riders are required to slow down and pass with care.
13. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the events management team or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
14. Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for the events management to use and publish any photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant on any activity at the venue. The participant hereby releases NORPIP charity from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of events management. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a UK Cycling Events event.
15. Event entry fees can not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
16. Event Management reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions. In such a event, each participants entry with be automatically moved to a rescheduled event. If a Participant can not make this event, unfortunately, no refunds will be issued.
17. All riders accept that they take part at any activity within the venue at their own risk.
18. Silverstone Circuits and the events organisers, will NOT allow access for any animal(s) at the event. Guide Dogs will also NOT be allowed access into the Entertainment area.
19. In the event of rain, heavy/light or otherwise, the event WILL go ahead. This is the only time the event has track access and it WILL be open. In weather that is deemed too extreme by the events management and the venue, the event will be cancelled and rescheduled for a different date.
20. If the weather is bad, or not to an individuals liking, refunds will not be given. All tickets are non-refundable.
21. Any slips or trips, by any participant, due to bad weather is entirely their own fault and by no account are the events management, nor the venue responsible.
22. Loud noises from entertainment provided on the day that cause damage to ones hearing or personal self is entirely their own fault and are at no point the fault of the events management